What’s the fastest go kart track in town? How fast can go karts go? If you’re looking to speed around in a kart, you’re in for a thrill. But how fast is too fast? Whether you’re a seasoned pro in go karting or just starting out on the tracks for team building in Sydney, we’ve got all the info you need to make the most of your go kart experience while still staying safe. Read on to learn more!
How fast do racing go karts go?
The average go kart top speed is around 50-80 kph, but many drivers have reached speeds up to 100 kph. Hyper Karting’s race tracks reach a top speed of 60km/h as we aim to avoid dangerous driving of all means to keep you and others safe.
Driving speed limits are decided in real-time by Hyper Karting staff located on the track. All racers generally start on 60% kart speed and will get sped up based on how quickly they can complete certain parts of the track, reaching 100% of the go kart's top speed in just a few laps! In any case, go karts are sure to provide a thrilling ride. For expert racers and racing categories, please visit our scheduling page.
Common go kart speeds by experience category
There's nothing quite like the thrill of tearing around a go kart track at high speed. But if you're new to the sport, it can be difficult to know what speed you should aim for. Here's a quick guide to common go kart speeds for different skill levels.
- For kids, beginner speeds usually range from 10-15 kph. As they gain more experience, they can start to push the limits and reach speeds of 20-25 kph. We have racing sessions available for kids below 12 years old, those between 12-15 and separate racing tracks and rules for kids over 16.
- For intermediate racers, speeds of 30-35 kph are common.
- Expert racers can reach speeds of up to 60kph.
These general guidelines are meant to keep drivers safe. However, if you’ve had a lot of experience go karting, who’s to say you can’t go faster? Just remember to follow all the safety guidelines to ensure a safe ride. At Hyper Karting, racing options are available for both standard and expert racers.
What factors affect how fast a go kart can travel?
Go karts are a lot of fun but have you ever wondered what makes them go so fast? There are a few factors that affect how fast a go kart can travel:
- The weight of the driver — The more a driver weighs, the more force is exerted on the go kart, making it harder to move.
- The type of terrain — A bumpy surface will slow down a go kart more than a smooth surface.
- Aerodynamics — The shape and size of the go kart, as well as the position of the driver, can affect how much air resistance it experiences and thus how fast it can travel.
- Track conditions — The surface of the track, including its width, the amount of turns and the presence of obstacles, can also affect the speed of a go kart.
Choosing the right go kart
Go karting is a thrilling experience, but it's important to choose the right go kart for your skill level and height.
If you're a beginner, don’t stress! Hyper Karting has adjustable speed settings so you can start slow and work your way up. It's also important to consider the size of the kart. Based on our height requirement of 140cm, you should be able to reach the pedals and steering wheel of the go kart comfortably while sitting in the seat.
Once you've found the perfect kart, strap in and prepare for an exciting race!
Spend a special day go karting at Hyper Karting
Hyper Karting is the perfect place to go if you’re looking for a fun day out with friends, family or colleagues. With electric karts, a great location and highly technological race tracks, we provide an exciting and enjoyable experience. And if you need more convincing, our prices are the cheapest in Australia — so you can have a great time without breaking the bank. We have the main track for adults and one for kids too!With schedules that range from 7am to 11pm, there’s no better place to kart all you want than at Hyper Karting. Have more questions? Check out our FAQ section. So whether you're looking to break some records or just have fun, buckle up and get ready to race. Contact us today to book your next race!