Standard Refund Policy:
Hyper Karting reserves its right that all bookings are strictly non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled or credited regardless of the reason for non-attendance. Any booking made by you or your group may prevent someone else from doing so, and as such we are not able to recoup the funds for that particular race – If sufficient cancellation notice is provided to firstname.lastname@example.org, we may be able to resell your tickets to another group, in which case a gift card will be issued to the total amount of seats sold (e.g. If 3 of 5 seats returned are sold, you will receive a gift card to the value of 3 seats). Even if you purchase only 1 seat in a race and there are 9 spare seats, you have prevented a group that wanted a 10-seat race from booking that time. If you have special circumstances and would like to modify an incorrect booking more than 48 hours in advance get in touch via email and we may be able to assist.
This refund policy also applies to (among other things):
- Racers below 140cm as determined by staff
- Racers above 130kgs
- Racers with a non-zero blood alcohol content (BAC) level or who are suspected by staff to be under the influence of drugs
- Racers who staff deem to be a hazard to themselves or others
- Racers who are involved in a race where there has been an accident which has caused themselves or others injury, or has meant that their time on track or at full speed was reduced. This applies regardless of who is at fault
- Any misconduct or harassment to staff members deemed unacceptable at the discretion of Hyper Karting
Please note that ‘special circumstances’ will not be sufficient for us to vary from our refunds policy because, by booking a given timeslot you are preventing someone else from doing so – someone who would not have a ‘special circumstance’ that Hyper Karting would need to accommodate. Note that this is true even where there are spaces remaining in the race because booking any number of spots prevents a larger group from booking into the race. As such, purchasers should consider the risk that arising ‘special circumstances’ may prevent them from attending their booking or using a gift card in the case of a cancellation. ‘Special circumstances’ include but are not limited to:
- Cancellation of a bucks’ party or other special occasion;
- Cancellation of a ‘going away’ celebration for a participant;
- Travelling or moving interstate or overseas;
- Having paid for a booking on behalf of others who refuse to reimburse; and
- Intending to use Dine & Discover vouchers but subsequently being unable to
Although we endeavour to ensure your time at Hyper Karting is as enjoyable as possible, there may be periods where the technology system used is malfunctioning (i.e. karts steering wheel and/or lap times), or where our team are running late for a variety of reasons. No form of compensation or refund will be provided to customers who are inconvenienced or incur costs due to any delays, including but not limited to the cost of parking. The time selected for your booking represents the time that you should arrive (not earlier, not later).
COVID Refund Policy:
Bookings cannot be refunded, re-scheduled or credited unless proceeding with the booking would put you and your group DIRECTLY in breach of NSW Government Health advice (‘COVID reasons’), in which case refunds to gift cards will be made at the discretion of staff after investigation and consideration of the circumstances. The entirety of a group’s booking will also not be refunded if one or more members of the group are unable to make the booking for ‘COVID reasons’.
Reasons for non-attendance that existed prior to a booking being made or have existed for a significant amount of time before a request for cancellation is made will not be considered when determining whether a store credit is appropriate. Such reasons include (but are not limited to):
- Significantly increased COVID case numbers (either in Sydney or elsewhere);
- Government imposed restrictions or recommendations; and
- Restrictions on participants such as the need to self-isolate as a result of being a close contact, a casual contact, being symptomatic of COVID or awaiting test results
As such we encourage purchasers to reach out to us as soon as possible when circumstances arise that may prevent them from participating.
Please note that our policy of at most issuing credit notes is in line with guidance from the ACCC (ACCC report & included in it the below excerpt from page 5, paragraph 2):
“In general, whether consumers are entitled to a credit note or a refund for services cancelled due to government restrictions will therefore depend on the terms and conditions of their booking.”