What the best team-building activities have in commonLet’s get one thing straight — not all team-building exercises are created equal. Some are genuine winners, bringing team members together and allowing for bonding during an entertaining activity, while others are, well, let’s just say tolerated by team members. If you want to make sure you fall into the category of fun team-building activities rather than the latter, it needs to tick the following boxes:
- Inclusive — Let’s be clear, team-building activities for work are still ruled by some rules of the workplace. A corporate function should be plenty of fun, but it needs to be inclusive and offer something for everyone to enjoy, regardless of ability, physical characteristics or other unique factors.
- Offers entertainment without being overwhelming — The best team-building activities hit the sweet spot between just sitting around with nothing to do and activities so involved they make conversation and socialising impossible. You want to give everyone a task or activity they can get absorbed in, while still giving the team downtime to form connections and catch up.
- Allow your team to socialise outside of their normal team structures — Activities for team building that get people up and moving are great. Unlike a team exercise that keeps everyone seated, they encourage individuals to mingle and initiate conversations with people outside their smaller teams or departments. If you want to break down organisational barriers and remind everyone that they’re part of a larger team, this is a great way to do it.
- Weather appropriate — Team-building activities for work are hard enough to pull together without having to worry about rain or unexpected weather events causing your fun to be cancelled. Choosing team-building activities for work that can run rain, hail, or shine will avoid any last-minute weather events that might otherwise threaten your event.
- They’re memorable — Above all, a team-building activity needs to be genuinely fun and an experience that your staff will remember. Whether that’s because of the novelty factor or simply because it’s a lot of enjoyment, you’ll know you’ve nailed the brief for a fun team-building activity when people are still talking about it months afterwards.
Thinking of fun team-building activities for work? Think Hyper Karting!So, what’s the solution to finding a team-building activity that will satisfy all of your criteria? Hyper Karting is a great option for team-building activities in Sydney that tick all the boxes. Choose from our main track or alternative go-kart tracks that will challenge your team. Keep everyone socialising in between their races with our easy catering and drinks package options. No matter how large or small your group, we can set up a day or night of high-octane fun that everyone will enjoy.
Hyper Karting’s team-building activities focus on races designed to fit your group, allowing everyone in the team to participate in the festivities on one of our all-weather tracks. Groups can book multiple races to make sure everyone has a chance to find their groove out on the track, and we’ll help you structure the races to give your group the best experience possible.
Ready to organise your next team-building activity in Sydney? Get in touch with us and book an exclusive track hire tournament that feels just like a Formula 1 track that your whole team can enjoy. Need more information about our fun team-building activities packages? Check out our frequently asked questions for all the answers you need.